Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sick Day Routine



I have been sick for the last few days so I thought about sharing what I have been doing to make myself feel better.

When I get sick I like to brush my teeth and use mouthwash. The mouthwash kills the germs in my mouth.

The second thing I do is to use a Humidifier. Running a humidifier can help relieve congestion and soothe a sore throat. I like to use tea tree oil, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to the humidifier.  This will clean, disinfect and refresh the air. In addition it will help your breathing and asthma while you sleep.



When I am sick I don’t feel like putting any makeup on because I feel really dry. So I start by washing my face with a Hydrating Cleanser (I like to use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser), then I like you use some rose water to moisturize and hydrate, revitalize and moisturize my skin. Then I use my eye cream (vitamin E, eyes cubes from The Body Shop), moisturizer (I love the GinZing, energy-boosting moisturizer from ORIGINS) and of course my lip balm.



Then I usually use Vaporub to decongest my chest and my throat area. When applied to the upper chest, it provides excellent relief of cough and congestion symptoms.


I am not a big fan of herbal tea but whenever I am sick I always like to make some ginger lemon honey hot tea because it boots the immunity and helps ward off cold, respiratory problems, loss of voice, infections, as well as other conditions.


When I am sick I usually lose my appetite that is why for lunch I only make some easy veggie soup with whatever vegetables I have in my house. (Today I have Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Corn, Asparagus, Green Peas, Spring onions and finally I squeeze some lemon to add some vitamin C)


Finally I stay in bed, relax and watch some TV.  

No comments:

Post a Comment