From time to time, your hair needs a little extra love! Today I am going to share with you the recipe of a moisturizing hair mask that condition, add softness and keep your hair shiny and beautiful!
To get started you will need
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, and has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. When used on hair, it improves scalp health, fights infections and fungus, supports hair growth; in addition it adds volume and shine to your hair. (also check 10ways to use virgin coconut oil)
Honey is a natural antioxidant, which makes your scalp healthy and stimulates hair growth. Moreover, honey has high sugar content, which helps to retain moisture.
Greek Yogurt, as far as your hair is concerned is its protein content. Protein is essential nutrient to the growth of your hair.
When using Olive Oil on your hair, the oil coats each strand making it stronger and shinier. Olive oil also aids in decreasing dandruff.
Lavender Essential Oil is excellent for preventing itching and dandruff.
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and mix until creamy and smooth
2. Lather onto your hair and evenly distribute from scalp to ends
3. Put your hair into a shower cap and wait for 20 to 25 minutes
4. Remove the cap, rinse with warm water and then shampoo then rinse again very well.
5. Pat dry with a towel and let it air dry